Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Simple Belt for a Princess

Our new Princess needed a belt that wasnt red, because red is a squire's belt in the SCA, and it wouldn't be proper for our Princess to be beholden to anyone. So, I set out to make a belt in the missed-hole technique, in a solid dark blue with a light blue weft that would show through the missed holes.
The belt is 40 cards wide, with a 4-forward, 4-back turning sequence. Instead of having a pattern of a differnt color, though, certain holes are simply empty. Either I used too fine a yarn, or perhaps I should have had more empty holes, because the light blue weft is barely visible in the finished belt. I am not too disappointed, though, because it came out with a pretty, subtle texture.

The buckle is hammered brass, made by my husband. It, too, has a very lovely texture. :)

Next: Italian Renaissance dresses for young girls! Or something....

No comments:

Post a Comment